Arizona Faith Network
Public Policy/ Ryle Grant Initiatives Program Manager
(Part-Time, Temporary—not to exceed nine months)
APPLY BY: DECEMBER 1, 2017
Arizona Faith Network’s (AFN) mission is to bring together People of Faiths, under the inspiration of God, as a Bridge to Understanding and Action- Being Together, Talking Together, Acting Together.
AFN devotes its mission to Promoting Peace and Understanding through Interreligious Dialogue and Education as well as to Promoting Healing of the World through our initiatives for Social Justice. The organization is structured around three commissions: Public Policy, Theological Dialogue, and Earth Care, which collaborate on one Annual Mission Focus Topic.
Through the generosity of the Monsignor Edward J. Ryle Fund, AFN is recruiting for a Ryle Grant Initiatives Program Manager. The Monsignor Edward J. Ryle Fund honors the memory and extends the legacy of a remarkable man. The Fund springs from the example of a lifetime of personal and public service to the people of Phoenix and the State of Arizona, especially the most vulnerable and the disenfranchised. For more information about the Ryle Fund and its namesake, visit: http://www.rylefund.org/
The Ryle Grant Initiatives Program Manager is responsible for general oversight of the AFN Annual Mission Focus Topic Work, including Faith, Equity & Inclusion Event Series, Faith 101 events and the Annual Partner Meeting. The Program Manager will work closely with the Commission Chairs and Executive Director to organize and implement a program that will increase awareness, connect and motivate Arizona faith leaders. The Program Manager will also work with the Commission Chairs to make sure that there is regular integration of Ryle Grant Initiatives into their plans.
This position reports directly to the AFN Executive Director.
- Develop an implementation plan and timeline for education, dialogue, partnership and action opportunities around the Mission Focus Topic, focusing on successful implementation of the workshops and sessions
- Provide reports of activities, accomplishments, key issues and flags to the Executive Director on a weekly basis
- Guide the day-to-day program implementation of the Mission Focus Topic
- Work closely with the Commission Chairs and Executive Director to organize and implement a program that will increase awareness, connect and motivate Arizona Faith Leaders
Media, Marketing and Communications
- Support the development of a media outreach and operations strategy for the Ryle Grant Initiatives that will identify and leverage opportunities to
- Engage the Executive Director and Board members in media efforts, including television, radio and web appearances as well as print media press releases and articles; and
- Increase visibility for the work of the Ryle Grant Initiatives, including the Mission Focus Topic Events, Faith 101 events, Annual Partner Meeting and related actions
- Ensure AFN’s website is updated in a timely manner with materials and notices related to the Ryle Grant Initiatives events
- Develop and conduct social media outreach and activities associated with the Ryle Grant Initiatives
- Ensure AFN members are abreast of Ryle Grant initiatives efforts via email, conference calls (as appropriate) and other means
Other duties as assigned (including, but not limited to)
- Research, write and submit grant applications to extend the Ryle Grant Initiatives
- Define, develop, measure and track outcomes from events
- Document initiative efforts and develop final report
- Conduct data entry related to events
- Conduct event planning and logistics activities
Desired Qualifications and/or Experience
- Personal alignment with and articulation of organization’s faith-rooted values
- Demonstrated success building collaborative relationships across multiple faiths
- Experience in nonprofit organizations (Bachelor’s Degree preferred)
- Excellent verbal, written, organizational and relational skills
- Knowledge and ability to use Microsoft Word, Excel, Publisher, and SharePoint
- Experience with wide variety of audiences, including those of different faith traditions and varied political backgrounds
- Able to work on short deadlines and independently
- Media strategy and relations
- Able to work well with grassroots organizations and individuals in coalition
- Able to think and plan strategically and with a direct focus
This part-time, temporary position will work thirty hours per week at $20 per hour, not to exceed 40 weeks.
To Submit Application:
For consideration as Program Manager, please email resume and cover letter by 4p.m. Arizona Time on Friday, December 1 to ContactUs@azfaithnetwork.org